Sunday, August 23, 2009

The Music of Bibio


Having spent a full week away from the world in Maine, I'm ready to get back into the swing of things. To be honest, blogging has started to feel like a pesky job lately. When I start to worry about how often we post or whether or not we're staying up to date on the latest music, all the fun gets sucked out of fork/knife. I've got to remember that it's really just about sharing the music we love with the wonderful people that read along (i.e. you). After nine months of nurturing and growth, our little blog fetus is just getting going (I'll avoid any questionable birth metaphors). And so, this post is a much a note-to-self as it is a thank you for reading. Whether you simply stumbled onto f/k, or if you're a dedicated reader (slightly preferred), I hope you like what we're doing. If it wasn't for your comments and emails, I'm sure we would've quit long ago.

I can think of no better music to wrap up this novella than that of Bibio. A friend recommended him to me just yesterday, and already I'm in love with his acoustic/electronic vibe. NOTE: make sure you make it to the 1:29 mark in "Lovers' Carvings."

Bibio - Lovers' Carvings
Bibio - Ambivalence Avenue
Amazon / iTunes

Bibio's MySpace Page


-Chris

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm loving it.

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!!!