Friday, June 26, 2009

Big Ups

As everyone already knows, Michael Jackson died yesterday at the age of 50. I personally just want to say how awesome MTV was last night for showing old MJ videos and bringing in artists who had worked and been influenced by him (which is almost everyone). To be honest, it was the first time I think I've ever watched MTV. It was on all night, just scrolling through the same videos and same melancholy monologue concerning his death. In retrospect, it should have made me pretty angry about the pitiful state MTV is in nowadays, shamelessly parading its seemingly endless group of shows which don't concern music in the least. In part, blogs like this one can actually thank MTV for becoming completely useless in musical reporting, because they in essence helped create the blogosphere by doing so poorly. They definitely showed last night that they were capable of being cool, but unfortunately in a day or so they'll return to the pitiful drudgery. And for those of you who enjoy MTV, I'm sorry, but I don't know if it really has much right to have music anywhere in the name nowadays. Anyway, I just wanted to say that MTV was really cool last night, if only for last night.

-Donovan

No comments: