Sunday, June 7, 2009

Nashville

Kate Nash is great. She spins simple melodies laced with charm and inventiveness. I am a big time fan of her debut album, Made of Bricks. Something about its down-to-earth nature really encapsulated me a while back, and now as I revisit the material, I realize there is a tremendous power behind the album and it is really an absolutely fantastic debut album. The truly fantastic thing about the album is how deep it goes, I can name 10 songs I find really fantastic off it. There aren't a ton of albums for which that's true, so although she may have a poppy star, she can deliver an entire album, something which I think is important. The subject matter of the album is mainly based on relationships, but there are some fantastic moments when she breaks out of the mold and spins some truly bizarre and interesting lyrics. I recommend going out and familiarizing yourself with this young lady, because she has some new material in the works, and when it comes out you can totally be like, "Dude, I know her, she's great!" On a side note, she's one of the most attractive redheads I've ever seen. In fact, she's third on the list behind Molly Ringwald and fellow blogmate Chris Hoge. Enjoy my favorite, and perhaps the most mundane, song of the album, "Mouthwash."

Kate Nash - Mouthwash
Buy Song:ITunes

Kate Nash's MySpace!

-Donovan

No comments: