Friday, June 12, 2009

Song o' the Week #23

The Dirty Projectors' new album Bitte Orca was released earlier this week, and some discussion is beginning to swirl around the blogosphere about it. Personally, I need some more time to let it sink in before I can start talking about it in reference to releases from the rest of the year. But I do know that there are a few songs that jump right off the album as perfect stand alone tracks, and this is one of them. While the song is fantastic, I'm still on the fence about the album itself. I feel like it may be one of those "keep listening until it clicks" ordeals, or it may just wind up as a "listen for a couple weeks and then forget about" ordeal. The problem is this: while '08 was seriously lacking in great releases, we've already been blessed with countless albums that need to be heard in '09, and it's only June. If you've got time to listen to Bitte Orca, feel free to stream it below and decide if you'd like to add to it what I'm sure is a giant collection of albums on rotation.

Dirty Projectors- No Intention
iTunes / amazon
Dirty Projectors MySpace



-Chandler

No comments: