Sunday, June 14, 2009

Ohhhhh Nelly


Do you like Bright Eyes? Love M. Ward? Are you a fan of My Morning Jacket? Soon you'll be able to get all three in one package. Prepare yourself for The Monsters of Folk.

The band is a collaboration between Conor Oberst of Bright Eyes, Jim James of My Morning Jacket, and M. Ward. They are indeed the monsters of folk; between the three of them they have released brilliant, genuine albums that range from freak-folk to straight-up-country. It'll be thrilling to see what these proven songwriters can create now that they've joined forces. The album is set to drop September 22nd. Until then, enjoy this song from My Morning Jacket's early album, The Tennessee Fire. If there ever was a perfect campfire song, this would be it.

My Morning Jacket - War Begun
Amazon / iTunes

My Morning Jacket's MySpace

-Chris

No comments: