Saturday, June 6, 2009

My Favorite Albums Before and After Y2K

Since I didn't have the luxury of having parents who heavily influenced my taste in music, like Hoge did, I have had to search for music on my own. For many years I didn't think too much of music, so I just listened to whatever was popular, from 50 Cent to the Barenaked Ladies.

Fortunately, once I got into high school my friends and sisters introduced me to good music, and immediately upon listening I knew I needed more. I began to branch out in every direction, finding things I loved, things I hated, and everything in between.

So, after five or so years I have compiled this list of eighteen albums, nine that were released before the new millennium, and nine that have been released since, all of which have impacted my life in one way or another.

Pre-2000
(from top left to bottom right)

Miles Davis - Kind of Blue
Phish - Junta
Led Zeppelin - Houses of the Holy
Bob Marley - Legend
The Beatles - Sgt. Pepper's Lonely Hearts Club Band
My Morning Jacket - Tennessee Fire
Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out
Neutral Milk Hotel - In An Aeroplane Over The Sea
Radiohead - The Bends


Post-2000Radiohead - Amnesiac
Wilco - Kicking Television
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Bon Iver - For Emma, Forever Ago
Cold War Kids - Robbers & Cowards
Fleet Foxes - Fleet Foxes
Bright Eyes - I'm Wide Awake It's Morning
Andrew Bird - Armchair
Band Of Horses - Everything All The Time

-Bishop-

No comments: