Sunday, December 21, 2008

Radiohead song made better!?

I have recently run across a great new a artist by the name of Son Lux. NPR's All Songs Considered have named this kid, Ryan Lott, their best new artist of 2008, and I am beginning to see why. I have had his CD, At War With Walls & Mazes, on repeat for the past few days and this undefininable music has stirred emotions that I didn't even know existed.

After searching Hype for more of his stuff, I ran across his remix of Radiohead's Nude. I have never really been a big fan of remixes for several reasons, but a Radiohead remix is even more unsettling to me because how can you make it any better? Son Lux has proven me wrong. His take on Nude is timeless, it keeps all the great elements of the original while sprinkling some of his own brilliant ideas on top. Give it a listen.


Radiohead - Nude (Son Lux Remix)



-Bishop

No comments: