Friday, December 19, 2008

Vibraphone Rock

I remember running into the band Point Juncture, WA (a fictional city the band created) a few months back and enjoying their sound, but I never got the chance to sit down and really listen to them until recently.

As the first song I chose came to an end I was stunned by how many elements they had thrown into one song, and so flawlessly. Their music includes smashing female/male vocal harmonies, a propulsive rhythm section, nifty production elements and song structures, swirling rainbows of guitar feedback, and not to mention the ultimate use of vibraphone. Their songs tend to meander and end miles above the beginnings, leaving the listener on his/her toes. I still have a lot of listening to do, but from what I can tell, this band is the real deal. They have two full-length albums out at the moment, Mama Auto Boss, and Heart to Elk, and from what I've heard they both are magical.

Point Juncture, WA - Cello
Point Juncture, WA - Melon Bird


-Bishop

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Wow this is some awesome music. Who would've thought someone could use vibraphone this well in rock music? Great find, Bish.