Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Happy Len Cabral Day!!

This post is out there to wish everybody a very, very happy Len Cabral day! This post will be a small departure from our normal subject material, but I feel that on such a momentous day exceptions must be made. Len graced the four of us with his divine presence five years ago today, and ever since that day I've been devoting a portion of my life to tell the world about him and his fantastic stories. For those of you who don't already know, Len is a master storyteller who travels the world sharing stories with people to lift their spirits, and to encourage them to start sharing stories for themselves. Among his most famous stories are "Pat Divers" and "It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It." His most famous and esteemed story however is none other than "Fable of the Animals," which culminates in an elephant violently getting shot, which teaches the audience the value of strenth over death. Every year the celebrations have become more and more widespread, and Len Cabral day is starting to catch on worldwide. Large storytelling-based gatherings occur worldwide on this day, but if you're not attending one, don't fret. You can make a difference simply by sharing stories with everyone you see today. A common response to this challenge is "I don't have any stories." To this I simply shake my head in frustration and wonder how someone could have such low self regard as to think their life occurences cannot teach other interesting and insightful lessons. Might I humbly suggest that any experience in life can be used to teach others, and that one should not be so selfish as to deny others access to those experiences? I might. I leave you with a video of my second favorite Len story (behind the legendary "Fable of the Animals"). It's called "It's Not What You Say, It's How You Say It." Take its lessons to heart, and happy Len Cabral Day!



-Donovan

No comments: