Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Jazz!? Jazz? Jazz!

Although this is primarily an indie music blog, the four of us here also dabble in other genres of music. And seeing as I've been playing jazz since the 7th grade, I have always had a soft spot for top notch jazz including the likes of Duke Ellington, Miles Davis, Gordon Goodwin and Bob Mintzer.

Our high school jazz band has a great reputation and has won many awards throughout it's history, including two trips to the elite Essentially Ellington competition. I thought that I'd share a few of my favorite songs that we played over my high school career. I know people may not like to listen to jazz, but trust me, these songs are well worth it. Be sure to make it all the way through the songs because just like any other type of music you can't get the full picture unless you listen to the whole thing. Hope you enjoy!


-Bishop-

3 comments:

Slappy White said...

uhhh, wheres in the mood?

Boney King said...

i don't have it! but everyone knows it already anyways.

Anonymous said...

I've never listened to jazz a to before, but this is helping to change the way I look (or hear) at it. Graçias senor.