Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remix 11: The Flaming Lips


The next remix in my weekly segment is from Ego Tripping at the Gates of Hell, an EP from The Flaming Lips that I think has been completely overlooked. Back when fork/knife was but a tiny fetus, I posted The Postal Service remix of "Do You Realize??" which is from the same EP. Overall its a tiny release packed to the gills with wonderful songs, and I highly recommend it.

Anyways, back to this week's song. It's called "Ego Tripping (Ego In Acceleration)" and it's a remix by Jason Bentley. The keyboards and drums fit together perfectly to make a serene, cloud-like experience, and Wayne Coyne's vocals glide over the top, covered in shimmering reverb. Put on some headphones and turn up the volume, I hope you enjoy.
Buy Album: Amazon

-Chris

No comments: