Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Superpost!

I have no classes on Fridays, and yesterday was a snow day. This has caused four consecutive days of me doing nothing, including not posting my weekly posts Song o' the Week and MMM. For this I apologize, but I hope to make it up to you in this Superpost combining the two. Happy Len Cabral day everyone!

Song o' the Week #12

For the past two weeks or so I've been eating up Yo La Tengo. Having albums like Painful, And Then Nothing Turned Itself Inside-Out, and I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One on repeat on my iPod, it's really hard to pick just one song from one of the greatest and long lasting indie acts to walk the planet as song of the week. But I managed to pick one. "Little Honda" is actually a Beach Boys song that appears on All Summer Long, but it's given a very nice treatment by YLT here. To really appreciate their stuff though, go buy an album and listen to it all the way through. It's worth it.

Yo La Tengo- Little Honda
Amazon/ iTunes

Music Movies Monday #7

Liars is a three piece band that plays great music. Here's the video for "Plaster Casts of Everything" from their most recent self-titled album. I would've posted a song, but I'm scared because they're on a major label.



An animated story to help celebrate Len Cabral day:



One of my dad's favorite music videos:


One of my favorite videos:




Superpost done! Tell some stories!

-Chandler

1 comment:

Liltaggy said...

Yo La Tengo is one of the best album-all-the-way-through bands out there.

You don't have Summer Sun? Donovan, it's time. For me, the quintessential Yo La Tengo song is off this album: Beach Party Tonight. ahhhhssiiiiii.