Sunday, February 8, 2009

Cruisin' Song of the Week #8/Happy Birthday

This week's crusin' song comes with birthday wishes abound! Happy 34th birthday to one of the founding members of Daft Punk, Guy-Manuel de Homem-Christo! Guy is likely in some sort of preparation mode for Daft Punk's upcoming album, which is expected to land sometime in '09. Needless to say, anyone with functioning ears should be excited for this, and I don't really think I need to advertise for Daft Punk. I have therefore decided to dedicate this week's cruisin' song to a song that I have blasted many times through my car's sadly insufficient speakers. Easily contains one of the bass lines of all time, in my humble opinion. And certainly one of the most thumpin'.

Daft Punk - Around the World
Buy Song: iTunes



Also, happy belated birthday to Emily Loizeau, who was sadly neglected yesterday due to an incident with my phone waking me up early. Emily is often neglected in the American music scene, which is a shame for her, but for right now she's settling quite nicely with notoriety in Europe. Emily just dropped her album, Pays Sauvage, which I have yet to obtain because the world isn't yet that small. So for now, we wait patiently and enjoy her past music.

-Donovan

No comments: