Monday, February 9, 2009

Dabrye, One/Three

A while back, my friend AJ introduced me to the electronic genius of Dabrye (pronounced "dah-bree"). His real name is Tadd Mullinix, an Ann Arbor based musician that makes music with "head-nodding beats, saw-tooth bass lines and a keen eye to forward-thinking production" according to his website. The album that I love most from Dabrye is called One/Three. It was released way back in 2001, and he has released many more quality albums since. There's just something about the vibe from One/Three that catches me in the right place. It's a great laid back feel that I've used a lot for studying or reading to. I highly recommend the album, and everything else that Dabrye has produced. Here's a track called "With A Professional," one of my favorites. It pumps and clicks along, with an ethereal and lazy aesthetic. Check the album out, I hope you enjoy.

Dabrye - With A Professional
Buy Album: iTunes

Dabrye's Official Page

-Chris

No comments: