Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

Happy Valentine's Day out there to all our readers! To commemorate this king of consumer holidays, I thought it would be fitting to supply a song warning about the hazards of love. I racked my brain for such a song to provide this, and then stumbled upon a new track from the Decemberists' upcoming album entitled none other than The Hazards of Love. This song appears to be a plea between a mother and son for the boy to spend one night out with his girlfriend. I have to say, this is the most rockin' track I've yet heard from the Decemberists, and it has me convinced that this upcoming album is going to be among their finest work. This track was from a BBC radio session.

The Decemberists - The Wanting Comes in Waves

The Decemberists' Website

-Donovan

No comments: