Friday, February 20, 2009

You've Gotta Hear: Laura Veirs

Hailing from the marvelous Pacific Northwest, Laura Veirs makes damn good music. Much like myself, Veirs went to college in Minnesota...I guess the similarities between us end there. Her music is calculated and lush, lathered in natural imagery and filled up with cavernous arrangements. What I like most about Laura Veirs is how genuine her music feels, how unassuming and satisfying it is. By the end of her latest album, Saltbreakers, you feel like you know Laura well, as if she were a neighbor down the street. Here's a favorite from the album, "Pink Light." It explodes into a tumbling and shimmering ball that I wouldn't mind curling up inside for a while. I hope you enjoy.

Laura Veirs - Pink Light
Buy Song: iTunes

-Chris

No comments: