Friday, February 20, 2009

Just Because I Can...

I don't know how many of you guys actually read my review of the Delta Spirit show, but in there I mentioned that Other Lives, the second opening act, played my favorite set of the night. So after having their EP on repeat for the past few days I though I'd share a few more songs with you, just because I can. As I said in the review I don't have words to describe the band, but since my ears have had more time to digest these sweet sound waves my best description is...Radiohead-like compositions with Decemberist-like instrumentation/mentality. Short and sweet. Again, although I do it too often, I hate comparing bands for obvious reasons, but I only do it to give you an idea of what it sounds like.

With all that being said, be sure to look out for Other Lives' self-titled debut album, due out March 31st.

Other Lives - Don't Let Them (Luxury Wafer Session)
Other Lives - Precious Air (Demo)
Buy EP: iTunes
Listen to the entire EP on myspace

Oh, and "End of the Year" is posted with the Live Review.

-Bishop

No comments: