Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Dear John

An album that we forgot about in our enormous '09 post was Dear John by Loney, Dear, the Swedish artist Emil Svanängen. Loney, Dear's previous album Loney, Noir, originally self-released in '05 until it was re-issued by Sup Pop in '07, was the breakthrough for him into the indie scene. Judging from the couple of songs I've heard of Dear John, I think it will be worth at least a once-through. To give you a taste of what he sounds like, I'm posting the song "I am John." I should warn you that this song finds ways of getting stuck in your head because it's just down right infectious. In fact, last semester I had this song stuck in my head for about two weeks, walking to and from classes with just this playing on my iPod. It can get that bad.


Loney, Dear - I am John
Buy Song: iTunes

-Chandler

1 comment:

Chris H said...

Well, well. What do we have here? I've never heard this before. And it's fantastic!