Friday, January 9, 2009

Song o' the Week #5

Once again I find myself wanting to post a song from Merriweather, but I think I might be walking on thin ice with copyright infringement due to three songs being taken down, so I think I probably shouldn't. I just wanted to drive home how good that album is.



So this week's song is one that I actually forgot when doing my top songs of '08 list, and I think it belongs in there. Air France is a Swedish duo that's only released two EP's, this song coming from the latest one released in '08, No Way Down. I had to listen to this a few times before I started to like it, but now I think I love it. From the makeshift lyrics to the fantastic song title, it's simply a treat. It sounds kind of like The Field in some parts, which is to say it's more of a laid back ambient electronic music instead of rave in-your-face electronic. You'll understand once you listen. And I know it's cliché to end this like I'm going to, but it has to be done. Sorta like a dream? No. Better.

Air France- Collapsing at Your Doorstep


-Chandler

No comments: