Friday, January 16, 2009

Song o' the Week #6

First of all, let me apologize for not posting the last couple of days, but I was stuck in Death Valley overnight after getting two flat tires. Long story. Anywho, I'm back to bring you another song of the week.

Now, everyone is drooling over Karin Dreijer's (a.k.a the chick from The Knife) self-titled debut album under the name Fever Ray. I, however, am not. Therefore, her new single "If I had a Heart" is not the song of the week, because it sucks. So, uninspired by the new music lately, I've decided to give you a song that I listened to yesterday as I slipped in and out of sleep in the front seat of our Jeep. Donovan told me this was Modest Mouse's best song a while ago, and after listening to their earlier stuff, I would have to agree with him. It's the first song from their debut album "This Is a Long Drive For Someone With Nothing to Talk About" released in '96, and it's great. It just goes to show Donovan usually knows what he's talking about when it comes to music, except Joanna Newsom.

Modest Mouse- Dramamine
Buy song: iTunes

-Chandler

No comments: