Monday, January 26, 2009

Music Movies Monday #2

I almost forgot I started this segment, but luckily I didn't because the videos this week are great ones. My favorite video of '08 from one of my favorite artists around today is the video for "Stress" by Justice. It's basically a bunch of hoodlums traveling in a gang beating people up and causing havoc, but "Stress" seems to fit it so well. Other than that I have no reason to like it, I just find it so bad ass. And damn, I would give anything for one of those jackets (I checked, they don't make them).


Buy artist: iTunes

Next up I decided to post this video of probably my favorite song from Animal Collective's sixth studio album Feels. I absolutely adore this song, especially this version because it's so stripped down compared to the studio version. It's rough the first time through, but give it some time and you should be able to realize the genius of it. It's just Avey Tare and his wife Kria Brekkan (a.k.a. Doctess, who who used to play in the recently mentioned band múm). Anyway, I should warn you that this isn't for everyone, but I've been watching it so much recently I thought I should share. MP3's and videos of the performance can be found here.



Buy Artist: iTunes

Finally, my dad introduced me to The Jam's Compact Snap! a while ago, and I gotta say I was diggin' it. I stumbled upon this and decided I need to post it because it's freakin' awesome. I love the bass in a lot of their songs, and this one doesn't disappoint either. Enjoy The Jam covering Curtis Mayfield's "Move on Up."



Buy Artist: Amazon

-Chandler

No comments: